Sunday 28 September 2008

Passion 5, patisserie/dessert, Seoul,


Passion 5 is a highend cafe/patisserie/chocolatier bundled up together under one roof created by SPC, a Korean food and beverage giant. SPC has Paris Croissant, Paris Baguette, etc which are chain bread shop. You can easily find those shops all over Korea. With trend towards upmarket cafes and restaurants in full swing, SPC opened a luxusious dessert cafe called Passion 5 in Itaewon. Photograpy inside the building is strictly forbidden unless taking pics of your own food, so I took a pic outside. It is a 5 storey building I think, with Passion 5 on the ground floor and the rest is occupied by SPC HQ. Passion 5 is divided into cafe, bread, chocolate/jam and cake section.
I like their bread in general because it tries to be authentic.
But I had cake and custard pudding for dessert. With my brother.

Chocolate chestnut crepe cake...
chocolate sponge layered with custard, chestnut, chocolate crepe and this distinctive something. Tastes very familiar but I just can't remember what.

My verdict...not bad but not nice either. I would have prefered 100% crepe cake without sponge in the middle.


Crème brûlée...
crème part in the clay pot is made ready to be torched.
Crème part was not bad but the sugar layer was tooooo thick.

Milk custard pudding...
It comes in a glass pot. Very smooth, not very thick. I liked it.


Coffee was horrible.
You can order and pay for cake, etc at the till in each section and have them in the cafe. You don't have to order drinks.


I had some chocolate take away since they seemed to be proud of it.

Chocolates are packed with cooling pack to stop chocolates go soft.
From left to right, green tea, black tea, rose and basil.






Green tea. The shell was thin and crisp. The filling had green tea flavour but I would have liked it stronger.

Black tea. Very weak tea flavour.

Rose truffle...I don't understand why this is called rose except the look of it. It tastes more berry than rose.


basil...very weak basil.Why do you call it basil when I can hardly taste it?

Choc+basil is a nice combo but I would like more basil flavour.


mini croissants from Passion 5...



one above is anchovie (can you see it in the middle? the brown bit?)

and below is chorizo.

Both of them were quite nice because they have salty filling which goes very well with sweetness of glaze on croissant.


Passion 5
Yongsan-gu Hannam-Dong 72-74
Telephone: 02-2071-9505
7:30-21:00
Nearest tube station: Hangang-jin, line 6
패션5 (passion 5)
주소 : 서울시 용산구 한남동 729-74 1F
전화번호 : 02-2071-9505
오픈시간 : 오전 7시30분~오후 9시
찾아가는 길 : 한강진역 근처, 리움 건너편

1 comments:

SA said...

croissant looked absolutely fantastic!!