Monday 15 September 2008

Butterfinger Pancakes, Seoul, American Diner

Butterfinger Pancakes do not serve butterfinger pancakes, but they do serve very nice American desserts. This restaurant made its name by pioneering brunch market in Korea, but I am not a huge fan of its breakfast menu. Too greasy for my liking, and their love of Velveta cheese (if you call that cheese) scared me. But the dessert menu was very tempting, so last night, after very fiery Sechuhan shabushabu (火鍋 huoguo) with my cousins, I dragged them to nearby Butterfinger Pancakes to calm my palate.

I did not take pics of the restaurant itself. It is all very American diner, kind of kitch, too.
We ordered Quick Vanilla Waffle and Tripple Chocolate Pancakes.

This is what was left of the Quick Vanilla Waffle (fuzzy about the name though) when I realized that I forgot to take the pic before.




It is basically 2 waffles sandwiche together with vanilla ice cream, and then topped with rasberry compote, lightly duste with powder sugar.

It was yummy. The waffle was cripsy-chewy, warm and rasberry compote was very rasberry.

ow the trippple chocolate pancake ...


2 chocolate pancakes studded with white chocolate morsels served with a scoop each of vanilla and cookies and cream with Butter Fingers' chocolate sauce drizzled over...one that hardens slightly when poured over cold ice cream...
If you need chocolate/sugar fix, this is it for you...






Tripple Chocolate Pancake: 8,900KRW (£4.50)
Quick Vanilla Waffle: 7,600KRW (£3.80)

Butterfinger Pancakes
Tel)02-3448-1070
갤러리아 백화점에서 학동사거리 가기 전 왼쪽에 스무디킹 골목으로
약 20미터 올라가면 왼쪽에 위치.







0 comments: