Thursday 31 July 2008

Jean-Paul Hévin (Hong Kong)

Name: Jean Paul Hévin
Address: 尖沙咀廣東道17號海港城212號舖 (Shop 212, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong)


An infamous French Chocolatier is now in HK~~ hip hip - hurray!! (www.jphevin.com/)

Admiring my bag of treasure, skipping happily into Lane Crawford at Harbour City!


Maca Maca Maca...rooon

(1) Hazelnut Macaroon: The intense hazelnut flavour is trapped inside its crispy case. Once you bite it open you can immediately smell and taste the distinctive nutty taste of hazelnut.

Sexy hazelnut~

(2) Dark Chocolate Macaroon: Haven’t got much to complain about this one. I can’t say I have tasted better macaroon~ I’d definitely come back for the Maca!! This is hot~(In Paris Hilton's Voice!)
Dark choc Macaroon, beauty!
Scrumptious Dark Choc filling!!

(3) Plain Truffle: Dusted with cocoa powder…it is such a light, delicate little thing that melts on your tongue ever so easily (or in the heat of HK summer!) hence there's no pic.

(4) Milk Chocolate Wafer: Ok, you may imagine this to be Kit-Kat like but surprisingly it’s not that sweet at all. Plus the creamy milk chocolate melts in your mouth immediately and the wafer is crushed into small pieces which gave it an extra crunch and contrast to the smooth chocolate.

(5) Dark chocolate: Apparently this little goody used a high percentage cocoa (think the girl from the shop said 75%). Creamy dark chocolate ganache is filled inside a thin dark chocolate shell. The chocolate flavour was powerful and honest. However, to me, it came across as a little dull and it’s not a taste that I’d miss.

(6) Dark Chocolate filled with praline paste: The nutty creamy paste was slightly too sweet for my liking. If I were to buy similar flavour chocolate, I’d recommend Leonidas (Belgium).

(7) Smoked Chinese Tea: I’ve always loved Earl Grey flavoured chocolate so I really looked forward to this one and saved it till last!! As I took my first bite, I could immediately taste the smoky flavour…then it started tasting like smoked haddock! I couldn’t help but to spit it out (in the most lady-like way I could possibly pull). It tasted bit like the sweets you could get in Harry Potter really, I mean…I should really taste the whole thing thoroughly in order to write it out properly but I just couldn’t do it. I’m sorry!


The heat was melting my goodies...T^T

For Macaroon lovers, you’d already know this little sugary goody is on the sweet side. I’m not usually a sucker for overly sweet dessert or food but I just love Macaroon. As for chocolate, I prefer l’Etoile d’Or, however, there isn’t one in HK, not to my knowledge anyways. Therefore, I tend to settle with Leonidas which is a lot cheaper as well (equivalent of Godiva). But I was once told that “No one in Belgium really go to Godiva because all the locals know Leonidas is better!” So when my friend went a business trip in Belgium, I told her to go to Leonidas, she came back telling me there was a long queue and by the time she got to the front, all the fresh chocolate sold out. But she said she still bought some other chocolate (apparently they refill their stock few days and made a small number of fresh chocolate on site each day).

Out of all the loveliness I’ve bought. I think I’ll go back for more Macaroons and the chocolate wafer! When it comes to macaroon, I’ve never been keen on flavour like rose or fruit, so next time I’d like to try other flavour such as pistachio. ALSO, I’ve spotted this chocolate lollipop…it’s quite big and I think it’d make a great gift, I think it cost $60 (£4).
Each chocolate, macaroon and truffle were HK$15 (£1), it is not the most expensive chocolate I've tried before, but it is definitely one of the more expensive ones in HK!
I'm really stretching out my limits for this blog...I'm really putting my weight and health on the line to do this!! Anyway, I'm hoping to do a review on other cake shop / chocolatiers soon like Anitque Patisserie and Crunch cake at Cafe one, but maybe after 200 more situps 1st for the next 7 days @.@"

2 comments:

jack said...

Generally beloved overseas literaryworks of girls,choose to read Charlotte's "Jane Cheap Dog Toys

Unknown said...

hands lazy are tighten a few random tails for the children around the body to better distinguish Leather Dog Collar