Tuesday 29 July 2008

DAP - Modern European Restaurant (Hong Kong

Name: DAP – Modern European Restaurant
Address: 尖沙咀柯士甸道102號1樓 (1/F, 102 Austin Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
Phone No.: 3526 1228

Even though the name is called “Modern European Restaurant”, this restaurant mainly serves French Cuisine but also offer pasta dishes and beef capaccio.

The location wasn’t too hard to find, even though the address is said to be Tsui Sha Tsui, it was actually closer to Jordan Station if you travel by MTR (Exit D). I went there at taxi, via taxi, but I was let out before reaching the destination. But next time I’d know better, the building is actually just opposite Tak Shun Primary School and close to a huge lime green Bossini store on Nathan Road.

As entering the restaurant I was immediately surrounded by dimly lit lights and chandeliers. Every table is lit with a small candle inside a glass candle holder laid on dark purple / brown table cloth (sorry! It really was dark!!). Drink list consisted of wine, cocktail, mocktail, juices, liquor, tea and coffee.

Dinner for the night:

Pan fried foie gras with apple chutney
Lobster Bisque
Pan fried Halibut in lobster sauce
Grilled Cod Fillet in lemon butter sauce
Crème Brulee

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The bread basket was served with a poppy seed roll, plain roll and slices of baguette. The bread basket was all delicious, the bread were popped into the oven so they were served warm and crispy.

(1) The foie gras was nice, it wasn’t the best I have tasted but for the mere price of HK$98 (£6.60) I think the quality was fair. It was exterior was a little crispy from pan frying, the rich, butter foie gras was lightly flavoured by a pinch of salt and pepper. It went perfectly with the apple chutney and condensed balsamic sauce garnished on the plate. I would have preferred if there was more apple chutney or condensed balsamic sauce.
I need more apple chutney!
(2) Some people like the lobster bisque to be sherry / brandy free, but I like that distinctive aroma of the alcohol when it is added into the soup. The lobster bisque here have quite a strong taste of alcohol which some people may resent but I love. Pieces of lobster was added in to the soup, it tasted fresh and wasn’t overcooked so I presumed it was added when the bisque was served. (HK$72 / £4.80)

(3) I was missing the grilled halibut from John Lewis (Oxford Street) so I ordered this, otherwise I would have tried their steak or pasta dishes. The halibut was served on a bed of vegetable with lobster sauce. The overall presentation was nice and the orangey sauce looked pretty with the greens. The fish was slightly dry and the asparagus (rolled inside the fish) was infused with fishy taste…which wasn’t too pleasant. However, there were thin slices of green apple with the bed of grilled veggie which lightened up my taste bud. (HK$158 / £10.60)

(4) The Cod fillet was tenderly cooked and went really well with the mellow buttery yellow sauce. The lemony, citrus taste gave a kick to the dish and was yummy. I would consider ordering this dish again for my next visit, my only hesitant was how fat is this sauce?? (HK$168 / £11.20)

(5) I was already full at this stage but how could one not order dessert to wrap up a lovely dinner~ so I ordered my all time favourite, crème brulee! It looked fabulous with a generous portion of blueberry, a strawberry and raspberry given that the pot was not too big. The only criticism I can give to this was that the op caramel glazed could be thicker and can go a bit stronger on the vanilla flavour. Because it isn't very sweet so this dessert can easily be finished up, my friend did comment that the dessert can be just a tad sweeter. But to me, it was already good enough and I can easily eat up four of these if I didn’t have dinner!! Haa~ The creamy consistency need no more word as it is shown in the picture. (HK$52 / £3.50)
CREAMY...
The quality of food serve was fair and is a good deal for what you pay for. It didn’t give me any wow factor but then again to be fair I didn’t order any of their signature dishes like Roast Suckling Pig or Beef Capiccio. Neither have I tried any of their steak or pasta dishes. I would however, visit this restaurant and try out more on their menu. This is a lovely, romantic restaurant that would be nice for couples and maybe gathering for girls (if you are not planning to be too loud).


Still water in blue glass

the dessert menu was quite long~

1 comments:

jack said...

tofight freedom and equality ofstatus in the woman graphic.Cheap Dog Toys