Sunday 22 March 2009

Keeps gettin' better - Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you have been reading my blog, you must be very familiar with my obsession about chocolate chip cookies. Till now, I thought Jaque Torres'schocolate chip cookie was it, but I found very simple but very satisfying - crispy on the outside, chewy centre- recipe which uses Lyle's Golden Syrup.

Finding the recipe was out of pure luck. I was searching recipes for sticky toffee pudding (my brother's request) but did not find any. So I decided to look for golden syrup pudding instead in memory of boarding school meals. I came across Mademoiselle M's recipe. in the process. It does not use any eggs, so I was a bit apprehensive at the beginning, but this seems to be the recipes I have been waiting for. I am so happy with this that I wish there was a school fete to sell these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The recipe yields 12 cookies.

Ingredients

175g flour+ 1tsp baking powder and a pinch of baking soda
75g golden caster sugar
2 TSP Golden Syrup
100g butter
75g chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

1. Mix soft butter and sugar.
2. Add goden syrup.
3. Mix flour with baking powder and baking soda. Add to 2.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Divide the dough into 12 balls. Bake for around 12 minutes. The cookies may look uncooked, but when it cools down, it will be OK.

Enjoy them warm with cold milk or coffee. When the cookies cool down, the flavour of caramely golden syrup comes through more. I think the cookies will be as delicious without chocolate chips. Pecans and cranberry will be good substitutes.

3 comments:

coconuts said...

These look like our favourite cookies! My bf's mum had a recipe for golden syrup cookies but lost the recipe when they moved. Since then I tried to find it on the internet with no luck.
I will try these out, they look so good!

Btw, do you know if they keep well frozen?

xxx

Lia

kucLI said...

a passion for amongst herin addition to mother of bride dressesthe operator.Starting hertake pleasure in buried deep in myheart. Tea, lunch andnight walks, she nonchalantlyas you can,for

Anonymous said...

lootershave a Jie to "set an example".Additionally they recovered his grandfather online shopping sites